OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions together with the general information contained on this website (Terms and Conditions) form the basis of your contract with Walking Legends Ltd (Operator) and apply to your booking. By making a booking you agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
All amounts are given in New Zealand Dollars. Walking Legends Ltd accept the following payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Debit Card or Bank Transfer.
To confirm a booking for a Multi Day Walk a deposit of $300 NZD per person, per walk, is required (except the Bucket List Walk which is $900 NZD), with the balance due 30 days prior to your walk departure. Your booking is not confirmed until you have made your $300 NZD deposit in full. Your place on the tour is not confirmed until you have made full payment of the balance prior to the departure date.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be made in writing and either emailed to [email protected] or a hardcopy posted to Walking Legends Guided Walks, PO Box 581, Te Puke 3153.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Your safety is our number 1 priority. We have made the decision to implement a vaccination entry requirement for our North Island guided walks. This policy will come into effect when New Zealand moves into the COVID-19 Protection Framework, known as the ‘traffic light system.’
This means that we will be able to operate under a Red, Orange or Green setting without impediment.
We’ve made this decision for the following reasons:
- An internal Health & Safety Risk Assessment has determined that we can only accept walkers who are either fully vaccinated or who have a valid medical exemption.
- The nature of what we do requires free and independent travel across regions.
- We are preparing to welcome back international visitors to our shores.
- Lock-downs have been extremely tough to negotiate and we are now moving past those as a management strategy.
What does this mean for you as our guest?
To support us in this endeavour, we will be asking all of our walkers to produce a Vaccination Certificate at the time of booking or as soon as possible thereafter. If you are booked to come on a Walking Legends guided walk between mid-December 2021 and 30th May 2022 you will need:
- Walkers from New Zealand: Proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR a formal medical exemption from the Ministry of Health. You can request proof from the New Zealand Government’s My Vaccine Pass, which can be presented digitally or as a hardcopy.
- Walkers from outside New Zealand: From 1 November 2021, the New Zealand government requires everyone aged 17 and older who is not a New Zealand citizen to be vaccinated before travelling to New Zealand. Customers who are not vaccinated will be required to present proof that vaccination was not a viable option for them for medical reasons.
- Walkers under the age of 12: Children who are 12 years of age or younger do not have to provide proof of their vaccination status. We won’t request this information from you.
Please note: At least 14 days must have passed between the administration of any second vaccine dose or booster dose and our planned departure date.
Vaccinations for our Team
We have also implemented this policy for our administration and guiding team. All Walking Legends guides are fully vaccinated.
Vaccinations for our Third-Party Providers
We are moving towards working with other vaccine compliant businesses with as much respect and consideration as we can.
Our COVID-19 Booking Guarantee
If the town or city you reside in, or the area we’re going to walk in, is placed into a Government-mandated Level 4 or Level 3 restrictions immediately prior to your selected departure date we will either work with you to find another suitable date, subject to availability, at no cost to you, or we’ll refund you. If other members of your party are still able to travel, but choose not to, our Standard Cancellation Policy will apply to those members. Walking Legends will not cover any lost expenses on connecting domestic or international flights, pre or post-tour accommodation or transfers, or any other expenses incurred as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, please arrange travel insurance to cover these.
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation fees for all Multi Day Walks are charged on the following basis per person:
|Days Prior to Departure||Cancellation Fee per person||Fee to transfer booking to another date (subject to availability)|
|60 – 31||$85 fee per person||$85 fee per person|
|30 – 15||50% of full fare forfeited||$200 fee per person|
|Within 14 days||100% of full fare forfeited||Booking cannot be transferred.|
These cancellation fees are not negotiable, therefore we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. If a transferred booking is then cancelled outside the new 30 day prior to departure point, cancellation fees will be calculated from the original date of booking.
The Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any trip should weather or any other circumstance necessitate this. Once the walk has departed from your hotel pick-up location no portion of the package payment is refundable in the event of an individual or group being unable to proceed further on the track, for whatever reason.
Child prices for guided walks apply to those 15 years and under (at time of walking). We do not allow children under 8 years of age on our guided walks, except by prior arrangement with management. If you are over 70 years, please consult your doctor to check your physical fitness, prior to making your booking.
We are happy to accommodate guests with specialty diets, we appreciate as much advance notice as possible. If we don’t receive adequate advanced notice, we may not be able to fully cater for dietary needs as we operate in an extremely isolated environment and it is not always possible to access specialty foods. Please ensure you advise us as early as possible if you have dietary requirements.
On completion of your booking, you will be emailed a booking confirmation which will include important details about what you can expect, what you need to bring, what is supplied and where you need to be at what time. Please ensure that you read through this information thoroughly to ensure that you are adequately prepared for your walk. You are responsible for ensuring that you are dressed appropriately and you have appropriate footwear to undertake the walk.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying customers. Any future bookings you may make will be made subject to the Terms and Conditions which apply at the time a booking is made and you are advised to read all the Terms and Conditions carefully on each occasion prior to making a booking.
RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
In any adventure activity, there is an element of risk involved. Risks in undertaking this activity include (but are not limited to): hypothermia, heat exhaustion, physical injury caused by environment i.e. rock falls, and physical injury caused by self i.e. falling over. Tongariro National Park is an active volcanic area, and eruptions from any of the volcanoes can happen at any time. Early warning systems and alarms are in place that indicate times of increased volcanic activity, however events can occur without any warning. The staff and management of Walking Legends Ltd take all practicable steps to identify and minimise potential dangers. The Operator makes all arrangements for Walking Legends Guided Walk Trips on the condition that it shall not be liable for any sickness, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned, either directly or indirectly, by reason of any defect in any vehicle, vessel or aircraft, by weather, by any other cause, or through acts of default of a company or person engaged in conveying the passengers, or in carrying out arrangements for these activities. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance prior to your trip.
By participating in this activity, you are expressly assuming those risks and responsibilities and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law releasing the Operator, its officers, employees, directors, agents and any other person associated with us, from any liability, claims, loss, damages or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect or consequential) caused by any event including but not limited to: personal injury or death; property loss or damage; acts which may be construed as negligible or accidental; any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder suffered by you or any other person in relation to this activity. You accept that you have been advised to obtain adequate travel insurance for all persons named on the booking.
In participating in the activity, the customer agrees to be bound by the following conditions:
- My successors, executors and administrators are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
- I agree not to commence any litigation proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and liabilities set out above and to indemnify the Operator against any claims;
- I confirm and warrant I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may affect my ability to participate in the activity;
- I confirm I am aware that professional medical assistance may be difficult and/or take some time to access due to the remote areas in which we are travelling;
- I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims, costs or expenses in respect of the treatment;
- I agree that any film, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any production, or advertising without prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval; and
- I agree to listen to my driver/guide/host, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
Furthermore, the Operator will not be responsible for any personal injury and/or property damage caused by you and any costs for such injury/damage will be your responsibility. You shall indemnify the Operator in relation to such costs.
This website and all component parts, including these Terms and Conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of New Zealand and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Walking Legends provides the www.walkinglegends.com website as a service to the public and website owners.
Walking Legends is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
Although the Walking Legends website may include links providing direct access to other internet resources, including web sites, Walking Legends is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links from Walking Legends to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Walking Legends of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by Walking Legends, and Walking Legends has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser.
Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.