Walking Legends Privacy Statement
We need to collect some personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- billing or purchase information
- relevant medical conditions
- dietary requirements
We collect your personal information, and only that information that is relevant to your booking with us, in order to:
- contact you regarding your booking(s).
- pass on information to our accommodation providers so they can properly cater for you.
- pass on relevant medical information to our guiding team so they can respond appropriately in a medical emergency.
- comply with the New Zealand Ministry of Health requirements for COVID-19 contact tracing.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Regional airlines (where applicable) in order to place bookings on your behalf and comply with Civil Aviation Authority regulations.
- The Department of Conservation, when we are guests in their backcountry huts.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter relevant medical or dietary information, that’s okay, but we’ll be unable to provide the high standard of care we are known for.
We keep your information safe by storing it in encrypted files and only allowing authorised staff to access it.
We keep your information for 7 years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing all digital information.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected], or 0800 925 569, or PO Box 581, Te Puke 3153.