We are an open and inclusive hiking tour company that celebrates diversity and culture.
Our Approach to Accessibility & Inclusivity
We are committed to removing barriers and providing equal opportunity for as many people as possible in the New Zealand outdoors. We believe that everyone, regardless of their different abilities, should be able to interact with a company and obtain help and answers on equal terms. If you have any accessibility issues or needs, please let us know. We’d love to work with you and help to make your experience in the New Zealand outdoors as positive and memorable as possible.
A reasonable level of physical fitness, mobility and vision is necessary due to the nature of our activities. Much of the natural environment we visit is not well-suited to those with physical limitations, mobility issues or lower limb differences. However, we know that not all disabilities are visible ones.
How We Have Accommodated Disabilities So Far:
- We have hosted hikers who wear colostomy bags.
- We have welcomed both profoundly deaf and hard of hearing walkers. Our reservation team is on-hand to answer questions regarding the booking process, our terms and conditions or any health and safety related information. During the tour our guides communicate via text message and provide detailed trip notes.
- We have been joined by hikers (and their families and support people) who are neurodiverse and living with conditions like Autism, ADD and Aspergers Syndrome.
- We often have hikers who have anxiety and sensory needs – we can advise of where there may be challenging points on each track and supply photos in advance so you’re able to fully prepare.
- We’ve hosted hikers (and their families and support people) who are living with early on-set Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s and for whom completing a walk of this nature on their own would be just too great a challenge.
How To Connect With Us Or Find Out More
If you are deaf or hard of hearing and would like to correspond via text message or WhatsApp please send us a message on 0064 21 143 6118 or find us on Facebook and drop us a query via that platform. We invite you to visit our YouTube page where we post visual resources and imagery on the places we visit on our New Zealand hiking tours.